Does your school offer the professional development you’re need?
Recently I worked with my Twitter PLN on the topic of professional development. Directly after the Tuesday Edchat session we worked on a document together, describing the kind of professional development opportunities we wished our schools districts offered. We also discussed how we could developed our own in the interim.
Here’s a list of my favourite professional development opportunities I wished my district offered:
- Using Twitter to develop a Personal Learning network @davidwees
- Integrating technology in the classroom – examples for non-tech savvy educators @Mr_Lister
- Best ways to collaborate @cybraryman1
- Media literacy–critical reading and deconstructing of ads for our kids. Information, not prohibition! @DrTimony
- Developing reliability and validity in differentiated assessment @DrTimony
- Making Google Sites your classroom’s 5th wall @21stcenturychem
- Using students to help teach teachers how to use tech tools in their classrooms @missbartel
- Be Social With Your Bookmarks @actionhero – Outline/handout http://tinyurl.com/socialbookmarkingclass
Personally, this type of collaborative effort excites me as an educator. I would ultimately like to master my craft (education) and I feel like I move one step closer every time I connect with fellow educators from around the globe.
Many thanks to #Edchat, my PLN, the following educators – @actionhero, @missbartel, @21stcenturychem, @DrTimony, @cybraryman1, @davidwees, and everyone else who contributed to the document: http://bit.ly/aFuWAd