Here’s my top ten tools list and how I use them. They’re in no particular order.
- Google Documents – The ultimate collaboration tool for your PLN and your learners
- Twitter – Widen and enhance your PLN circle with this micro-blogging tool. Superb tool for connecting with fellow educators.
- Diigo – Social bookmarking, highlighting, annotating, and research tool. Use with learners or use with your PLN
- Bit.ly – Powerful URL shortener
- VoiceThread – Use it to enhanced/develop oral language skills, practice foreign languages, and useful for students with limited written output or LA students
- Skype – Connect your learners with professionals from around the globe, collaborate with classrooms across the nation, and interact with authors
- Wallwisher – Virtual sticky-note tool. Use it as a formative assessment tool during a break
- Podomatic – Powerful and free podcast hosting tool
- WordPress – Powerful blogging tool which can be used as a reflection tool. Excellent for math journals
- Google Reader – Fantastic RSS feed-reader. Let Google Reader do the work for you. No longer need to spend time visiting all your favourite websites and blogs. Google Reader brings them to you to read
Think a tool should have made the top 10? Let me know your thoughts.