My next ten posts, not necessarily in chronological order, will be dedicated to giving real examples of how ‘offline’ activities can be turned into ‘online’ activities to enhanced student engagement, and encourage tech-shy educators to take their first steps in integrating technology into the classroom.
Why is it important to integrate technology into the classroom?
- Enhances student engagement
- Your learners are growing up in a digital world
- Relate to your students with your understanding of social media
- Help to make the shift for teachers away from content deliverers to content facilitators
- Help prepare your learners for a digital future
- Create a truly collaborative environment
- Make the world a smaller place i.e. flatten the classroom
Hope you enjoy the series. I will try to link everything I do to British Columbia’s Prescribed Learning Outcomes as much as possible.